Knowledge Review Quiz here
Cases we discussed are here
Causes of elevated LACTATES
Venue Ultrasound : Auto VTI Demo
Femoral vs radial arterial lines, and non-invasive vs invasive BP measurement (PulmCrit): http://emcrit.org/pulmcrit/a-line/
1. Perner A, Cecconi M, Cronhjort M, Darmon M, Jakob SM, Pettilä V, et al. Expert statement for the management of hypovolemia in sepsis. Intensive Care Med. 2018 Apr 25;44(6):791–8.
2. Marik PE. Fluid Responsiveness and the Six Guiding Principles of Fluid Resuscitation. Critical Care Medicine. 2016 Oct;44(10):1920–2.
3. Dynamic LVOTO: https://echo.anesthesia.med.utah.edu/dynamic-obstruction/
Here is the pre-reading for the Education Session on the Ambu aScope.
Objectives for the session:
1. Indications for endoscopic airway instrumentation
(1) looking at airways (eg. burns, FBs, stridor)
(2) awake fibreoptic intubation
(3) intubation through a supraglottic device following failed intubation
2. Discussion of recent cases
3. Patient preparation
4. Airway local anaesthetic topicalisation
5. Environment preparation
6. Use of the aScope
The aView Monitor:
One of the consultants got intubated by his registrars. It shows the challenge of topicalisation in a non-sedated patient who has not received an antisialogogue:
Further comments and reflection by the intubatee are documented here
The retrieval service (Greater Sydney Area HEMS) has been using the aScope for several years and has some useful aides-memoire and checklists available below.
My talk from today:
Some articles which may be of interest: